Deactivate build gives unexpected behaviour on activate

A support forum for our flagship product Parabuild CI, a distributed CI/CD platform.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Peter Kristiansen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Deactivate build gives unexpected behaviour on activate

Postby Peter Kristiansen » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:35 am

Hi,

We've recently upgraded to Parabuild 4.0.61 and have encountered a, to us, unexpected behaviour.

We use ClearCase as our VCS and our own-developed integration to ClearCase due to missing UCM support. To ensure that a build doesn't start at an in-opportune time when doing larger stream operations we have previously deactived the builds, and activated them after finishing and either starting the build or waiting for Parabuild to detect the change.

Now we see that if we deactivate a build, make a change to the sourcecode and activate the build again, that Parabuild changes state to "Getting changes" and then go to "Stopped by administrator".

We see similar behvaiour when we Stop an idle build, do changes and then Resume the build, only difference is that the message is "Stopped by <username>".

I can see in the logfiles of our ClearCase integration that there are changes, and as far as I can see the integration behaves properly. It works fine when in other cases, only when we deactivate and stop a build do we see these problems.

br
Peter

support

Postby support » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:56 am

Hi Peter,

We have some questions:

Could you confirm that the problem sequence is as following?

1. Deactivate build.
2. Make changes.
3. Activate build.
4. The problem manifests itself.

What was the previous version from that you upgrades that worked for you?

Do you see any errors under "Errors" menu that you can see when logged as admin?

Slava

Peter Kristiansen

Postby Peter Kristiansen » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:23 am

Hi Slava,

Yes, that is the sequence.
We upgraded from a 3.2.36

br
Peter

support

Postby support » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:18 am

Peter,

This is certainly not how the system should behave. I have logged bug PARABUILD-1616. Please let us work on it.

Slava
Last edited by support on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peter Kristiansen

Postby Peter Kristiansen » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:29 pm

Thank you.

Peter Kristiansen

Postby Peter Kristiansen » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:26 pm

Hi,

I think we can close this issue. After we have had to restart Parabuild (some times) in relation to this issue: http://forums.viewtier.com/viewtopic.ph ... 5c8511fa25 the deactivate/activate routine works again.

It could be related to our general stability problems. I think we should try to resolve those first and then get back to this one if it persists.

br
Peter

support

Postby support » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:32 pm

Peter,

Parabuild should not be stopping after activation. We hope to resolve this issue after Thanksgiving.

Slava

Peter Kristiansen

Postby Peter Kristiansen » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:36 pm

Hi,

Ohkay... If it is a problem you can reproduce I'm just wondering why can't I any longer... Well, if it is a problem that could occur it's of course best to have it fixed.

Peter

Return to “parabuild.ci.support”