Remote Agents Offline

A support forum for our flagship product Parabuild CI, a distributed CI/CD platform.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ericksjr
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Remote Agents Offline

Postby ericksjr » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:48 am

I am working for a small company that is looking into automating our current build process. We are trying to set up a distributed build process that takes place over two windows servers and a linux machine. I have downloaded the trial version of Parabuild and followed the instructions for setting up remote agents on different machines (i.e. entering the build machine's ip address in the parabuild.conf file, starting the remote agents before the build machine). After setting up the agents with the IP address and port number on the build machine, the status' remain offline and I can't discover what is causing the issue. Any help of troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated!!!

support

Postby support » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:45 am

Hi Jason,

This should be something simple. We have a few questions:

1. Did you restart agents after changing parabuild.conf?
2. Are both the build manager and the agents on the same local network?
3. Are agent machines pingable from the build manager?
4. Is the build manager pingable from the agents?
5. What do you see when you try to access http://<agent machine>:8080/ from a browser?

Slava

ericksjr

Postby ericksjr » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:56 am

1. Yes, I restarted the agents after the change.
2. Both agents and build manager are on the same local network. The build manager is currently connected to the network through a VPN. (Not sure if that matters)
3. I can ping the agent machines from the manager.
4. I cannot ping the manager from the agent.
5. I get the parabuild console for the agent computer when I enter <agent machine>:8080/ in a browser.

Thanks for the response! Hope this helps.

support

Postby support » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:34 pm

support

Postby support » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:33 pm

Return to “parabuild.ci.support”